Join and learn skills for life today
As Scouts, we believe in preparing young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more.
The 1st Doha Scouts Group is part of British Scouting Overseas. Each week we give young people the opportunity to enjoy fun and adventure while developing the skills they need to succeed, now and in the future.
We’re talking about teamwork, leadership, and resilience – skills that have helped Scouts become everything from teachers and social workers to astronauts and Olympians.
We believe in bringing people together.
We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always.
We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
We believe that skills for life can prepare better futures:
- for young people – by giving them the character, employability and practical skills they need to succeed
- for volunteers – by equipping them with better skills, tools, and support to deliver inspiring programmes
- for society – by bringing people together and improving the lives of those in our communities.
We help young people develop and improve key life skills.
- Character skills like resilience, initiative, independence, and tenacity
- Employability skills like leadership, teamwork, and problem solving
- Practical skills like cooking and first aid
Scouting works well when young people enjoy learning by working in partnership with adults.
They do this by:
- Taking part in a variety of activities and new experiences
- Exploring the outdoors
- Participating in teams
- Taking responsibility
We are proud to say we are a values-based movement. Our Scout values of integrity, respect, care, belief, and cooperation guide everything we do.
These values underpin everything we do, how we act and the way we treat each other.
In Scouting, our adults have a responsibility to make sure that the Programme is fun and exciting. We must also make sure that it is safe. The Scout Association’s policies, rules, code of behaviour, advice on Child Protection and safety policy are there to ensure our young people stay safe while they enjoy themselves and learn.
We believe in bringing people together to enjoy fun, friendship and adventure in a place they can belong.
Scouting is open to young people aged 6 to 25 of every faith and background.
We are keen to grow. We are committed to:
- becoming even more inclusive
- being shaped by young people
- making a bigger impact in our communities.
Adults – why not put your skills to use, learn new ones, and contribute to an amazing life-experience for you and your local community.
Volunteering is easier than you think. With full support and training, you
can volunteer on a flexible basis.
Give young people the skills they need to succeed in life and discover
how being a part of the Scouting family can be as rewarding for you
as it is for them.
Do more. Share more. Be more.
To register to be part of our amazing journey, click on the button below!